My 3 day extreme diet plan: follow me
I am about to start a three day extreme eating plan and I want your help. The time has come to do something drastic with my diet. I eat lots of junk food and I have been blogging a lot about this. I wasn’t always this way, in fact, I have often been one of those very healthy people who eats raw ginger, quinoa and textured soy protein. I have at times avoided meat, sugar, fat, dairy, salt, bananas and caffeine on a whim, just because some wacky diet told me to.
But no more.
These days I eat McDonalds for breakfast, much to the consternation of The Boyf who is not kidding when he tells me not to eat it. He genuinely wants me to stop. But is not just him! I have the desire to eat a bit more healthily too. It’s starting to get very hot here in my beautiful home town of Sydney, Australia and that means one thing: bikini time. Although I look pretty darn good, when I move there are parts of me that will continue to wobble for a few more minutes.
So I have decided to put myself on a torture diet for three days. I often like to do things like this, because I am a vacuous human who places too much emphasis on the end result and not enough on the journey or process. It’s been a while since I out myself on a crazy diet, so I thought it was high time I did this again. I have written a post previously about my efforts in fasting and the craziest diets from history.
So I have decided to eat very clean food for three days and to see if it will make a difference to how I feel. So how do I feel right now? Well, this is the thing, I feel pretty darn good. I am fairly healthy and I have quite a bit of energy but I would like more.
So what, pray tell, am I going to eat?
Here is my plan:
- Breakfast day 1: 3 egg whites + 1 egg yolk + 1/3 of oatmeal + 3 button mushrooms + baby spinach + coffee
- Snack: 1/3 cup of blueberries and tea with skim milk
- Lunch: 200 grams poached chicken and 1 cup of broccoli + lemon + herbs (NO SALT!)
- Snack: 1/3 cup of blueberries and herbal tea
- Dinner: 200 grams poached chicken and 1 cup of salad + ½ cup of broccoli + lemon + herbs (NO SALT)
- Snack: 1/3 cup cottage cheese + ½ cup blueberries
- No added salt
- No added sugar
- No staring longingly at McDonalds as I walk to the train station each morning
- Coffee is OK
- NO soft drinks. No Coke Zero. No weird Canadian root beer that tastes like medicine
So there you go. What do you think of my plan? I will do this plan tomorrow, then post what I will eat the next day.
Here’s what I will eat tonight:
- 150 grams of lean, red meat
- ½ cup of cottage cheese
- Rocket and lemon salad, with celery
Ok – wish me luck.
What do you think of this plan? How could I improve it? Do you think that I will keel over because of my current propensity towards fat, salt and sugar?